We have earlier shared lots of Windows 8 themes to transform you current Windows 7 os to Windows 8. But this latest themes is a bit different yet more realistic. We have earlier read that Windows 8 tablets have a Side-Bar in start panel which shows options like settings,search etc. Windows 8 Tablets have Metro UI equivalent to Windows hone 7 tile design with live tiles on it.
Recently “vhanla” have created a theme which enables Windows 8 like sidebar in Windows 7.According to the author :
This is a simple application written for Windows 7 that imitates the new Windows 8 UI for Tablets.
- Embedded browser based on IE.
- Application switcher (requires AERO Enabled).
You can change the Menu folder with your own start page.
You can change the logon picture, just paste in Pics folder and rename it to logon.jpg
I forgot to remove user.bmp from pics, just delete it and you will get your Windows profile picture instead.
How to use:
- It will launch a Windows 8 lock screen like, just swipe it up and you are ready to use it.
- Right side of the screen the Menu
- Left side of the screen the Application drag&drop switcher
- Connect: returns to embedded web browser
- Start: opens the index.htm in the embedded browser
To close the application:
- Right click the left side menu bar and there you can close, lock and/or view the about dialog.
- Search: Opens Bing.com in the embedded web browser
Video demonstration: [link]
NOTICE: This is an alpha version, so there might occur some problems.
Incoming search terms:
- windows 8 sidebar download
- windows 8 sidebar
- windows 8 sidebar for windows 7
- sidebar windows 8
- download windows 8 sidebar
- sidebar for windows 8
- download sidebar windows 8
- windows sidebar for windows 8
- win8 sidebar
- win 8 sidebar