Microsoft demonstrated Windows 8 tablets by Steven Sinofsky @D9 and Mike Angiulo @Computex 2011 and without a surprise it was huge buzz from Microsoft leaving its competitors thinking. Microsoft move towards tablet PC’s and producing one Windows for all devices would work wonders with its new Metro design they are working on. Metro concept was initially loaded in Windows phone 7.
Jaycee13 have created an application to give Windows 7 , Windows 8 tablets feel. He calls it “Windows Metro IM “.He got inspired from MetroTwit, Zune and Windows 8.Currently its available to 32 bit user only.
- Download the theme from here and UnRAR it.
- Open the “Uxtheme Patch” folder and Right click UniversalThemePatcher-x86.exe and select Run as Administrator.
- Now Patch all the Dll’s i.e. shsvcs.dll, themeui.dll, and uxtheme.dll in order Top to Bottom and restart your system.
- Now copy “Windows Metro IM” and “Windows Metro IM.theme” from theme folder to “C:/Windows/Resources/Themes”
- Run “Windows Metro IM” file.Now go to “Packages” -> “Windows Theme Installer” ->Run “Windows Theme Installer.exe” as Administrator.
- Now to take ownership of system files you want to replace and patch Shell32.dll located in Packages\System Files\Shell32 and ExplorerFrame.dll located in Packages\System Files\ExplorerFrame (for x86 Pre SP2) or Packages\System Files\ExplorerFrame (for x86 SP1) folder (select correct version that matches your current version) to %WinDir%\System32\ folder.
- Install theme and restart your system.
- Change start orb from “”Start Orb Changer” Folder and run “exe” file. Choose a diff Start ORB and apply it.
- You also need to install fonts 1 by 1.
- That’s it.
Incoming search terms:
- windows 7 tablet theme
- metro design
- TABLET THEME FOR WINDOWS 7
- windows 8 ui download
- metro ui windows 7
- windows 8 tablet theme
- windows metro design
- explorerframe metro
- uxtheme windows 8
- windows 8 ui theme download