Unregistered

Error: “winload.exe Missing” after installing Windows 8.

Hello there, I installed windows 8 into my system without any errors. After the complete installation, there is a message popped in black screen saying that 'winload.exe missing'. There are no big issues with this message, but this message is always displaying when am performing any action, while doing programs, watching movies, browsing, etc,. So what does this message mean and what to do to avoid this message? Thank you.

Prashantpatil Array

Re: Error: “winload.exe Missing” after installing Windows 8.

If you have installed antivirus then many times antivirus delete some .exe files OR if someone has put off main electric supply without shut down the system then also some files may be corrupted. OR while installing the operating system through intallation cd if there exists some crashes or there is some damage on the cd then during installation process system does not read that damaged part and skip some files.This might also be the reason.

Mr.HB Array

I Want to inform you that i have also faced this kind of problem and this mainly caused due to problem in one of connected hardware devices so procedur to solve it is as follows :-

please disconnect all the external devices (USB, printer, scanner, drives, etc.) except your mouse and the keyboard and then boot up.
    If this helps then you can add the devices back one at a time until you get to know the hardware causing the issue.

adityamahan Array

It seems that one of component i.e winload.exe has got corrupted or windows could install it during setup due to poor dvdOften these types of errors occurs when windows gets too old and there too much applicationTo get rid of this problem follow these steps1. Backup your files2. Format your partition3. Boot your system with windows installation media4. Install windows on your partition5. Restore your files6. Your problem now shall be solved

+ Reply to Thread