Unregistered

"Insert Media - Some files are missing" problem with Windows 8

I keep on getting this error message in Windows 8 whenever I try to access some settings or new apps which says “Insert Media - Some files are missing. Your Windows installation or recovery media will provide these files”. What does it mean? Can you please help me to fix this problem? because I just keep on getting it most of the time.

Support Array

Re: "Insert Media - Some files are missing" problem with Windows 8

This type of error message appears in Windows 8 when you system needs to install some more Windows 8 installation files which might probably missed with your regular installation. Some of the access to settings or Windows 8 troubleshooting apps like Reset, Remove everything etc. needs the System files to be present already if that is missing then you will get this message.

So what can be done to overcome this message? You just have to insert the Windows 8 disc or the flash drive from where you installed Windows 8 before and once you do that the installation files will be automatically copied from the media to your system. So you don’t have to do anything else other than inserting the installation media.

If you are still having some issues with it, then just put in your query here in order for us to help you with the best solution.

+ Reply to Thread