Unregistered

Should I install another Anti malware even if Windows 8 has Windows Defender?

I am using windows 8 and have heard that it already has Windows Defender. So many of my friends are suggesting me to install third party anti-malware or antivirus softwares. What would you recommend?

Support Array

Re: Should I install another Anti malware even if Windows 8 has Windows Defender?

Windows 8 already comes with enterprise-class security which is enough to keep your system safe from malware attack or even minor virus attacks but if you think that your system's security is weak then you can also install third party Anti malware or antivirus softwares. If you chose to install third party softwares then you will have to turn off the default Windows Defender.Some popular security softwares are - (1) Quick Heal Total Security (2) AVG Antivirus/Internet Security (3) Kaspersky Antivirus/Internet Security (4) Mcafee antivirus/Internet security.

mahhiads Array

Re: Should I install another Anti malware even if Windows 8 has Windows Defender?

Hello Friend,

Use The Following In The One Time In The Week :

1. Antivirus And Scan The System

2. CCleaner And Disk Fragmentation

3. Windows Defender

Than Your System Malware Free.

I Hope That Info Is Usefully

tarungupta_16 Array

Smile Re: Should I install another Anti malware even if Windows 8 has Windows Defender?

================================================== ======

Hi friend,
    Hope you are in good health and good state of mind!
    It's always a treat and fun to answer your queries.
    I also appreciate the confidence that you have shown in us!

Let me first tell you about some of the new features that you'll enjoy in Windows 8!
    Here the some of them-

1. Speedy Boot Time
    2. Innovative & Dynamic Desktop
    3. Improved Search Function
    4. Windows To Go
    5. Windows Live Syncing

See,its true that Windows 8 comes with Windows Defender which is quite capable of catching many viruses and trojans.
    But as you know,every day there are new viruses that are being created by many software and antivirus companies.
    Hence it might happen,that one day you come in contact with a virus that cannot be caught by Windows Defender.
    Hence in those cases,you are nowhere!

Hence to be on the safer side,I'll suggest you to install a good antivirus in your system.
    Some of the good antiviruses that you can go for are-

1) Bitdefender Antivirus
    2) Kaspersky Antivirus
    3) Panda Antivirus
    4) AVG Antivirus

I hope I have answered all your doubts.
    It was a pleasure answering your queries.
    Hope that you'll come up with some more challenging queries!
    Till then,take care.
    Bye!

mayank sb Array

hi,
    there is no need to install any third party software unless u find that windows defender is not up to the mark and is not protecting ur system.
    first u experience the security with windows defender if u r not satisfied than u can go for any third party antimalware or antivirus software.
    u can any time download t from internet.
    some of the most popular third party antivirus are given below:
    -norton internet security.
    -kaspersky internet security.
    -AVG internet security.

good day!!!!!!!!!!!!

avikiit Array

Hello.
    Listen my words carefully, the Windows defender works but its unable to detect the some
    Serious that may be harmful for your PC.. It will be better if you use some antivirus in your System,,..
    You may Use:
    *Kaspersky
    *Quick Heal
    *AVG antivirus
    in your secure protection.. And make your Antivirus updated..
    If your want to use free antivirus then use Microsoft Security Essential..

Thanking You..

karanchowdary Array

windows defender= windows security essentials.
    If you find it is not efficient....then prefer an third party one...
    you can buy a lot of antivirus but make decision on the basis of reviews..
    some of efficient antivirus are
    Macfee
    norton 360
    quick heal
    kaspersky

Samara Array

Follow these steps to resolve your issue,

1:Windows 8 is IN-built with windows defender!

2:Well, you don't need to install another third party antivirus by replacing it because it can give maximum security in terms of virus and malware

3:But you still wanted to install the third party antivirus into your system, then follow these steps

4:Open windows defender from the start menu

5:Now In, windows defender go to advanced tab

6:Finally UN-check the"TURN REAL TIME PROTECTION" option

7:At last, click save changes

8:Now try to install your third party antivirus into your system with out any issue

9:After successful installation restart your system

That's it over!

sai charan Array

Hello friend,

I have the solution for your problem just do as i say..............

1.If you use your system limitedly then there is no use of anti-virus.

2.if you are connected to the internet and use all the CD's and pendrives in your computer.

3.Then you have to install the antivirus software.

4.Because when you are using internet ans sharing the data from another computer to your your computer through CD's and pendrive the virus may also enter your computer.

5.Even Windows 8 has the Windows Defender it will stop only a minor part of the virus.

6.Beyond that it cannot stop the virus entering into your computer.

All the best.........

brar22 Array

Hello Friend,

You using windows 8 and have heard that it already has Windows Defender. So many of your friends are suggesting you to install third party anti-malware or antivirus softwares.

The many type of maleware fre scan your windows 8 system.

You use the ccleaner and window defender and good qualty antivirus to use the scan your system.

I hope this information usefull to you..........

Thanxxx...............

Brar22,,,,,,

adityamahan Array

yes the windows 8 has built in support for the windows defender that can protect your system from the malware attacks.

But since there is not only malware but other trojan horses and other potentially unsafe apps that can not be remved by the windows defender.

You will defienetly need third party software for this.

Here is the list of suggested antivirus.

1. Avast antivirus.
    2. Kapersky antivirus.
    3. Norton antivirus.
    4. Panda antivirus.
    5. Bit defender antivirus...

sunny12337 Array

Hi dear friend...... there are many of Anti viruses all available in the internet

like AVAST , AVIRA , AVG , kasperskey, MCA fee, ESET node32 antivirus, TREND micro , NORTON antivirus and PANDA antivirus........etc

the above are the top 10 antivirus......so simply download the one of from them

and install it ....

NOTE: which are available .....in the internet only in limited period ......so, if you want full versions .......you need to buy on the online or PC centers....

THANK YOU

JUSTINE Array

yes my dear friend i would advice you to add an antivirus to your computer in addition to the widows defender.windows defender is a good software given in windows 8.it is capable of detecting many viruses.but in this time we have a lot of hackers and viruses available on the internet that are always there to find a leak and enter your system.in this situation more safer your computer it more safe your data will be.and there will be no harm in an additional antivirus so it is my advice to you that you install another antivirus on your system.there are a number of good antiviruses available today like avast,kasperskey,avg,avira etc.so good luck!!!

arunwillbe1 Array

Hi friend,

To install another anti-virus application depends on your decision.

If you not satisfy with the windows defender then try to install another anti-virus malware after uninstall windows defender.

+++ List of best anti-malware applications for windows 8 system are :

1. AVG.

2. Avira.

3. Avast.

4. Spyware.

5. Norton antivirus.

6. Macfee.

7. Kaspersky etc.

+++ Websites for downloading this anti-malware applications are:

1. http://www.filehippo.com

2. http://www.softpedia.com

Thank you...................

007 ozvert Array

Hello dear........

Yes you can install another antivirus or malware software other than defender.
    But, during the installation process defender is disabled by the new antivirus.
    You can have lot of antivirus softwares are there ,....
    Norton
    Macfee
    Kaspersky
    and many more......

but use them based on the reviews.....
    All the best....

Mallikarjun Array

HI there

You need to follow these steps in order to resolve your issue

--->Yes you are right, windows 8 operating system contains pre-built antivirus i.e, windows defender

--->If you have turned windows defender "on" then you don't need another antivirus program to be install into your windows 8 because it can give same protection when compared to other antivirus programs

--->In order to install the another anti virus program into your system then, Turn off the windows defender and then install another antivirus program into your windows os

--->Because windows defender doesn't allow you to install another antivirus program when it is turned on

--->GO to windows defender and then advanced tab

--->Check for real time protection

--->Finally click on save changes

--->Now you can install third party antivirus into your system with out any issues

END

Kenny70 Array

what you need to keep in mind that you can't activate more than one antivirus security programsunder windows.

You can install any third party Anti Virus program, only if the windows own Defender is set to off.

If Defender is On, then it will deginitely create problems and the system will behave erratic.

So it's a either-or situation, either Defender or Third Party Antivirus in Windows8 system.

vishal21bhadani Array

Hi Friend,

You can Install another Anti Malware Program.

>> It is default program that defend system againts virus, malware and other threats.

>> So you can choose Anti Malware program like Avast, Quick Heal, Mcfee and Kaspersky etc

>> But you need to update Definition of Antivirus Program regularly.

>> And Regular Scanning is needed, after that you can make your system free from Malwares and Virus.

I hope you will understand.

All the Best

pushp Array

Hello there !!!

with the presence of the windows defender you need not to install
    the third party antivirus software.

because the main role of every antivirus software is to protect you.
    and this is well done by the windows defender.

peoples install the third party software for their self satisfaction and
    not more than that.

so in my opinion you should not install the third party application.

hope i am clear to you.
    thanks for posting in EALP.
    Pushp Singh

omkar mohapatra Array

Hiiiiiiiiiiii

window's 8 inbuilt security is good enough for weak malware and virus attacks but u may install a third party security such as:

1)Quick heal total security

or

2)kaspersky pure

or

3)Bit defender

AKSHAY316 Array

Its true thаt Wіndows 8 сomеѕ wіth Wіndows Defender whісh іѕ quіtе cаpаble of cаtchіng mаnу viruses аnd Trojаns. But аѕ уou know,every dаy thеrе аrе nеw viruses thаt аrе bеіng creаted bу mаnу softwаrе аnd аntivirus compаnies. Hence іt mіght hаppen,thаt onе dаy уou сomе іn contаct wіth а virus thаt cаnnot bе cаught bу Wіndows Defender. Hence іn thoѕе cаѕes,уou аrе nowhere! Hence to bе on thе sаfer side,I suggest уou to іnstаll а good аntivirus іn уour system.

Some of thе good аntiviruses thаt уou cаn go for аrе-

• Bіtdefender Antivirus
    • Kаѕpersky Antivirus
    • Pаndа Antivirus
    • AVG Antivirus

sivaditya Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am using windows 8 and have heard that it already has Windows Defender. So many of my friends are suggesting me to install third party anti-malware or antivirus softwares. What would you recommend?
    No it is not necessary, because windows 8 come with Microsoft security essentials, this will protect your software and system from all kinds of problems..
    still you can download other antivirus programs for better protection..

from my experience, you can have AVG... works really good.

happy to assist you

rkv Array

dear friend
    please try these step
    first of all antivirus and scan your system
    and c cleaner and disk fragmentation
    and window defender
    and then your system malware free,
    i hope your problemwill be solved by any issue
    thanks

shweta Array

no there is not so much need to download an anti malware

but you can download one of the antivirus to have better protection

here are some of the antivirus names you can download

quick heal

avast antivirus

avg antivirus

avira antivirus

kaspersky antivirus

swathi123 Array

You can install the third party Antivirus software in your windows 8 with out any problem
    If you install the Antivirus software Then built in software windows defender and Microsoft security essentials will disable automatically

The most rated antivirus software are

• Bit defender
    • Kaspersky
    • AVG antivirus
    • Avast antivirus
    • Mcfee
    These are the popular and strong protected antivirus software.

ketul249 Array

Hello,

You want to know that install another Anti malware even if Windows 8 has Windows Defender

yes , you can install another Anti malware or Antivirus or internet security in to your windows 8 ..

and if you want then you can use this antivirus software to be used .

Avast Internet Security

Quick Heal Total Security 2013
    the version 2012 not working so download latest 2013 version .

I hope you understand .

All the Best

james786 Array

Hi,,

See,its true that Windows 8 comes with Windows Defender which is quite capable of catching many viruses and trojans.
    But as you know,every day there are new viruses that are being created by many software and antivirus companies.
    Hence it might happen,that one day you come in contact with a virus that cannot be caught by Windows Defender.
    Hence in those cases,you are nowhere!

Hence to be on the safer side,I'll suggest you to install a good antivirus in your system.
    Some of the good antiviruses that you can go for are-

1) Bitdefender Antivirus
    2) Kaspersky Antivirus
    3) Panda Antivirus
    4) AVG Antivirus

I hope I have answered all your doubts.
    It was a pleasure answering your queries.
    Hope that you'll come up with some more challenging queries!

That's it

ALL THE VERY BEST

mechine Array

Hi my dear friend

It is not Possible to install another Anti malware software if the windows 8 has Defender

If your system has already the safe security software but if the system requires another anti virus software you can have do one thing

You just Quit off the Defender from your windows 8 then install another Anti viruses software

The common and Popular free Anti viruses are given below:

1.Panda cloud Anti virus

2.Microsoft system Essentials

3.Commodo Anti virus 6

4.Bit defender Anti virus

5.AVG anti virus

6.Avast Free anti Virus

That is all

Good luck

olive Array

Dear friend,

Windows Defender is enough to fight with all the trojans and viruses which affects your computer.

It also does all the functions which other antivirus would do, so there is not much need of that.

But If you dont feel satisfied anyhow then you have another option to install another antivirus.

Its not a big problem.

Here below I am providing you with some antiviruses available:-

>> Norton

>> AVG

>> Bit Defender

>> Avast

>> Panda

>> Mcfree

>> Avira

>> Kaspersky

sgvm Array

Dear friend,

Your question is appropriate.

Windows 8 comes with its own security called Windows Defender.

You can use it to make your PC protected from viruses and malwares.

But most of the professional users use third party softwares to protect PC.

Even me also using third party softwares.

You can use third party softwares like:

>> AVG (also used by me)

>> Kaspersky

>> Bit Defender

>> Quick Heal Security

>> Avast, etc.

mywindow Array

Windows 8 has Windows Defender but it is no so protective like other antivirus or Anti malware software.

So Windows Defender will not protect your system from dangerous virus.

So my suggestion to you is , you should install external antivirus or Anti malware software.
    The Antiviruses which are easily compatible to Windows 7 are :
    Quick Heal

Net Protector

Norton 360

Panda Cloud Antivirus

Avira

Kaspersky

ClamWin Free Antivirus

sunny Array

Hello friend,

I have the solution for your problem just do as i say....................

1.It is up to you because it is your need.

2.Though you have the Windows Defender it is better to have the Antivirus software.

3.It will stop to the some extent.

4.But when you use the internet then it cannot handle some times.

5.So it is better to have the antivirus software' in your system.

The best antivirus software's are.

kaspersky,
    Nod32,
    Avast etc,.............

Have a nice day...................

Director Array

>hi frineds
    >follow the below steps
    >first of all download the antivirus
    >my sugesstion given the below antivirus downloaded
    >CCleaner
    >windows defender
    >Disk Fragmentation
    >Kaspersky
    >Bit defender
    >Quick heal security
    >i hope this information help you
    >all the best

omkar Array

Hii

windows defender is good for weak viruses
    but windows defender cannot protect your PC against serious viruses.

So, its better to download and install a good antivirus on your PC such as:
    Quick Heal or
    Kaspersky or
    K7 etc

All the best

sivasakthivel Array

**Regarding this problem**

ITS POSSIBLE:
    *it possible to install other ANTI-VIRUS..
    *when default "WINDOWS 8 DEFENDER TO CHANGE TURNED OFF MODE"..

DOWNLOAD NEW ANTIVIRUS:
    *you can directly download the windows 8 supported ANTI VIRUS via internet..
    *and install you system..
    *it apply all the terms and condition while installing time..
    *to update and maintain your system with protect mode..

it surely help you..
    thanks..

Vampire Array

Hi Dear,

Well, it is enough to use Windows defender to protect from Malware or minimum virus.

If you want even better protection and security for your system, then use 3rd party Antivirus.

Some of the Good Rated Antivirus are,

1. Avast
    2. Panda
    3. AVG
    4. Kaspersky
    5. Norton

Thank You.

+ Reply to Thread