Unregistered

Unable to access USB Devices due to the message 'Administrator restricted your access' on Windows 8 System?

Whenever I plug in any of the USB device to my windows 8 system, though I can hear the sound of USB plugged in but there is a message on my screen saying that your administrator has restricted to access. What should I do now in order to solve my issue, and I am the administrator to my machine but still I cannot open any of the usb device connected to my windows 8 system. Please provide a solution quickly.

VinodKKumar Array

Re: Unable to access USB Devices due to the message 'Administrator restricted your access' on Windows 8 System?

Dear friend,

You should check the BIOS setting for external USB devices. Disabling the USB devices into BIOS can cause this problem. You should enable it through BIOS.
    This problem can also be caused by the antivirus or firewall program. Some antiviruses have default settings to not allow the USB devices to play it to avoid infection to your system as a precautionary step.
    Also check the data protection settings, which can prevent the USB devices to play, into the antivirus or firewall program or other data protection programs. Quick heal total security antivirus have such option.
    If you have encrypted the USB drive with any data protecting software, then it is not accessible in Windows, until or unless you have the same program on your system.

Thanks!

mitali0811 Array

Re: Unable to access USB Devices due to the message 'Administrator restricted your access' on Windows 8 System?

Hi friends,
    To solve this you have to login with your administrator user id and password.
    Otherwise you can not open that.
    If you forget your administrator password then reformat your windows and install again.
    Then your problem will be solve.

Thanks & Regards.

sunny12337 Array

Hi, Dear friend

To solve the issue about the Administrative Privillages ....

press windows key+X combination .....then choose Command prompt( admin ) from the pop up.....and click YES

then type net user administrator /active:yes and press ENTER key

after that press windows key+R and type devmgmt.msc and click OK

then expand USB Serial Bus controllers option from the list

and check all the Hubs ....whether they are enabled or not.........if not simply right click on it ...and enable this

and after that it will be solved

ALL THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

abhijeet2015 Array

Hi..........,

Make sure that --->
    * This settings is allowed in the antivirus.
    * If not then visit the setting of the antivirus.
    * Also see that you are log in to admin user only.
    * Guest user will not work here.
    * Also can go to run command.
    * There type devmgmt.msc
    * Expand the USB serial bus controllers.

--- Also see that USB drive is correct in nature.
    --- If needed then go for the repair of the software.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread