Unregistered

What is the significance of "Default.migrated" folder which appears under "Users" directory in windows 8?

I was using windows 7 from last 2 years but now using windows 8. It is working fine but i have seen an unique folder in C drive under "Users" directory. This directory is named as "Default.migrated" . What is the significance of this drive in windows 8?

Support Array

Re: What is the significance of "Default.migrated" folder which appears under "Users" directory in windows 8?

"Default.migrated" folder doesn't appear in all version of windows. This folder appears only on systems where upper version of windows is installed as a result of an upgrade from lower version. In your case also, you must have upgraded your OS from windows 7 to windows 8."Default.migrated" folder is just a path which contains the user account settings and other data so that the you can use the same settings on upgraded OS as well so don't try to delete this directory.

swathi123 Array

Re: What is the significance of "Default.migrated" folder which appears under "Users" directory in windows 8?

The significance of the default.migrated folder is

• If you upgrade the software from windows 7 to windows 8 then you will the Default.migrated folder under users
    • Default.migrated folder contains the User account path and settings and the data of the migrated user
    • You can delete this folder Deleting this folder does not create any issues

+ Reply to Thread