pushp Array

Why 'Access Denied' appears while Copying Files to D: drive from external drive on Windows 8 System?

Hello everyone !!

i am having strange problem with my windows 8,which has occured just a couple of days before.
    Actually, i am able to copy any folder from any drive internal/external to my D:\\ drive, but when i try to copy the files directly to D:\\ drivei am unable to do with error "access denied".
    but when i put that file in in any folder, than i easily copy that particular file.
    means,overall i cant copy anf file to D:\\ dreive but can copy folders only.

Samara Array

Re: Why 'Access Denied' appears while Copying Files to D: drive from external drive on Windows 8 System?

It's common problem to all

You just need to know this points before copying

1:If the drive is operating system drive i.e in which operating system installed you can't copy files without Admin permission but folders

2:If your are a normal user you can't access the folders in that drive too

3:You need to take owner ship before doing any operation on that drive

That's it!

skrillex Array

Re: Why 'Access Denied' appears while Copying Files to D: drive from external drive on Windows 8 System?

Hi,
    this might be either due to:
    The files you are trying to copy from your EXTERNAL drive are WRITE PROTECTED.
    That means they cannot be copied or reproduced.
    OR
    It might be that you are not having ADMINISTRATIVE PRIVILEGES and the administrator might have blocked the copy feature.
    Hope this helps....

VinodKKumar Array

Dear,

‘Access denied’ problem is caused due to the reason that any security software on your computer is protecting the files on your computer. It may be the anti-virus, firewall software, or any another system protection software. To solve this, you need to disable the data protection of the software on your computer. This problem is also caused when the data on external drive is write-protected. To remove the write-protection you need to have the software installed on your system by which the protection was imposed. You may also need the password for the file decryption process. If there is no problem with the data loss on the external drive, you can format the external drive to remove its protection.

Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread