Unregistered

Windows 8 problem with monitor power saving mode

I have recently installed Windows 8 OS in my PC and now when I tried to startup the system I got the message in my LG monitor screen as “Power saving mode” and turns off automatically but the CPU still runs. What should I do for this problem? Is it because I have installed Windows 8 in my PC?

VinodKKumar Array

Re: Windows 8 problem with monitor power saving mode

Dear friend,

This is a hardware problem with your system. The processor is not generating the signal to wake up the monitor. Only CPU fan is working, not the processor. There may be electrostatic discharge problem with your system. To remove this problem, remove the battery cell of your motherboard after unplugging the computer and press the power key for 15 seconds. If the problem doesn’t solve, then you can dissemble the PC and assemble it again to remove electrostatic discharge. During assembling you should wear gloves to avoid electrostatic discharge concentration on your motherboard components. There may be other hardware problem such as a faulty USB device plugged into your PC can prevent the PC to boot up.

Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread