Unregistered

Windows 8 Update problem with Error Code: 0xC000021A

Why I am getting this error now? I just wanted to upgrade my OS to Windows 8 and when I do I get the error message as “STOP: C00021A (Fatal System Error) The Windows SubSystem process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xC000005. THe system has been shut down”. Do anyone have any idea of how to fix this problem? Please help!

Support Array

Re: Windows 8 Update problem with Error Code: 0xC000021A

Now this is a known error which is caused during the upgrade where the Winlogon.exe or Csrss.exe services are killed already. Now to fix this issue just follow the below steps given,

STEP 1: Open the Command Prompt (Press Windows key + R -> Type cmd -> Enter)
    STEP 2: Now in the Command prompt just type System Root\System32\Drwtsn32.exe -I”. This process will register the Dr.Watson as the default system debugger which has to be -> Press Enter.
    STEP 3: Again type System Root\System32\Drwtsn32.exe and then in the window choose the option which are Append to existing log file, Create crash dump and Visual Notification.
    STEP 4: After setting it up restart the computer by pressing F8 in the startup and select Last known good configuration.
    STEP 5: Once it got booted up, again restart the system in the normal and now try to upgrade to Windows 8.

In this way you can overcome the problem with upgrading the Windows 8. Now if still you are facing some problem then just give your query here for us to give you the best solution.

mahhiads Array

Hello Friend,

Reason : That Is The Access Violation And Happened When System Process Are Terminated....

Solution : Try For Some Steps :

>> Click On Start Button Than Open The Run Window And Type "MSCONFIG" And OK
    >> Than One Window Is Open So Access That Program As Administartor Account
    >> In Open Window Select The "General Tab" And Click On "Selective Startup"
    >> Find The "Load Startup Items" Option In The Selective Startup And Uncheck The Check Box.
    >> After That Click On "Services" Tab, Click On "Hide All Microsoft Services" Option, And Disable All Services.
    >> After That Restart The Computer
    >> After Restarting Again Try For The Upgrade Process

Enjoyyy

window Array

************************************************** ************************************************** **********************
    #### Troubleshoot ####

) I think you need to restore your system from the restore point.

) After restoring the system, you need to restart the windows.

) Then attempt to upgrade to window 8 OK.

************************************************** ************************************************** **********************

+ Reply to Thread