So finally the wait is over. Microsoft have officially launch Kinect for Windows SDK today.Kinect SDK is available in both 32 bit and 64 bit formats.Called as “Starter kit” , includes APIs, sample code, and drivers that will allow application developers to code for Kinect apps.This allows you to create seamless applications that would run on Windows 7 PC’s as well.
Kinect SDK gives you access to following features :
- Drivers, for using Kinect sensor devices on a computer running Windows 7.
- Application programming interfaces (APIs) and device interfaces, together with technical documentation.
- Source code samples.
Kinect SDK is compatible with Visual Studio 2010 and .NET framework 4.0 .Though it has some minimum set of hardware requirements as well , and those are :
- Definitely Kinect for Xbox 360 sensor
- A system with dual-core with processor of 2.66-GHz or higher.
- Windows 7 compatible graphics card that supports DirectX 9.0c capabilities
- 2-GB RAM (4-GB RAM recommended)
You can download Kinect SDK here :
Or visit official Microsoft Research website here.
Incoming search terms:
- kinect sdk
- kinect for windows