In a recent job post , its been notified that Windows 8 core build team have compiled over 165 branches .
Job Category: Software Engineering: Build
Location: United States, WA, Redmond
Job ID: 750947
Division: Windows Division
Windows Core Build Team is the largest build team in Windows and one of the largest build teams at Microsoft. The Core Build Team is building over 165 branches, each corresponding to a product team developing a major component for the next versions of Windows. The work environment is highly collaborative, fast paced, and occasionally intense but with this comes the reward of knowing you are part of a team who is directly responsible for delivering Microsoft’s Core operating systems. We are currently looking for a positive, confident and dedicated builder to work our late afternoon\evening shift and be able to act as one of the main contact points in ensuring the evening builds are on track.
- Solid decision making, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Be able to track progress and deal with multiple time critical issues concurrently
- Strong team building skills but able to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a Minimum of 3-5 years relevant industry experience
- Strong knowledge of source code version control (Source Depot, TFS, Perforce, CVS or similar systems)
- Coding and Debugging Familiarity with Scripting Languages like(Perl, JScript, C#)
- Strong knowledge of build processes and environments (Timebuild, Razzle or CoreXT)
This job suggests that Microsoft have geared up all its activities and is now compiling M3 and is looking to move quickly towards beta. Microsoft is definitely planning some amazing features for Windows 8. Lets wait and watch what’s in store for us.