As we already know Windows 8 will official be launched for customers on 26th October 2012 , Microsoft is rolling out Windows 8 for MSDN and TechNet members tomorrow.Consumers can upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8 by just paying 39.99$.Following is the roadmap for Windows 8 release :
- August 15th: Developers will be able to download the final version of Windows 8 via your MSDN subscriptions.
- August 15th: IT professionals testing Windows 8 in organizations will be able to access the final version of Windows 8 through your TechNet subscriptions.
- August 16th: Customers with existing Microsoft Software Assurance for Windows will be able to download Windows 8 Enterprise edition through the Volume License Service Center (VLSC), allowing you to test, pilot and begin adopting Windows 8 Enterprise within your organization.
- August 16th: Microsoft Partner Network members will have access to Windows 8.
- August 20th: Microsoft Action Pack Providers (MAPS) receive access to Windows 8.
- September 1st: Volume License customers without Software Assurance will be able to purchase Windows 8 through Microsoft Volume License Resellers.
Developers can also access Windows Dev Center tomorrow and will be able to get all the resource including Visual Studio 2012 build from tomorrow. Developers , will officially start selling apps in Windows store by 15th August i.e tomorrow.
Meanwhile,you can try pre-release version of Windows 8 for a test run here,Windows 8 Release Preview .